Ponta Delgada, Azores was the place to conclude the election process that started at the beginning of July 2022. The outcome is the new composition of the Board of Directors and the elections of the Executive Committee for the next 4 years.
According to the statutes of the International Social Tourism Organisation (ISTO), the process to renew part of the Board of Directors for the period 2022-2026 meant that 18 organizations applied to become members of the Board. The elected candidates are joining the Directors that have an ongoing mandate running from 2020 to 2024.
The elections were carried out electronically, where about 140 organisations could express their support for each candidate.
As a result, during the General Assembly 2022 in Ponta Delgada, Azores the new Board of Directors of ISTO was proclaimed. The new organisations elected for the period 2022-2026 are:
College of Social tourism and responsible and solidarity tourism stakeholders:
- TourCert, Germany
- KALEO, Belgium
- Joie et Vacances asbl / Floreal Group, Belgium
- Volkstoerisme, Belgium
- Les Auberges de Jeunesse du St-Laurent / SaintLo, Canada
- Grupo Novojet, Chile
- Asociación Chilena de Turismo Rural - ACHITUR, Chile
- Plataforma Representativa Estatal de Personas con Discapacidad Fisica - PREDIF, Spain
- Koan Consulting, Spain
- Association pour le Tourisme Equitable et Solidaire – ATES, France
- Union Nationale des Associations du Tourisme – UNAT, France
- Vacances Ouvertes, France
- Associazione Italiana Turismo Responsabile – AITR, Italy
- Dunanba, Mali
- Russian International Academy for Tourism – RIAT, Russia
College of National, regional and local authorities:
- Imserso (Ministerio de Derechos Sociales y Agenda 2030), Spain
- Instituto Guatemalteco de Turismo – INGUAT, Guatemala
- Ayuntamiento de San Luis Potosí, Mexico
The renewed Board of Directors, gathered after the General Assembly. During this meeting, members of the Executive Committee who were elected are as follows:
- President: Isabel Novoa, Grupo Novojet, Chile
- Secretary General: Yves Godin, Joie et Vacances asbl / Floreal Group, Belgium
- Vice-presidents: Coralie Marti, Association pour le Tourisme Equitable et Solidaire - ATES, France; Maurizio Davolio, Associazione Italiana de Turisme Responsabile - AITR, Italy; and Alain Clauwaert, Joie et Vacances asbl / Floreal Group, Belgium.
Following you will find a document with the composition of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of ISTO.