ACHITUR, created in 2004, aims to be Chile's rural areas forum for tourism development promotion, while representing and advising SMEs dedicated to rural tourism.
Its tasks are:
- Promoting initiatives and creating relations that will help to promote rural tourism throughout the country;
- Guiding the economic, commercial and technical education of its members through training;
- Promoting the association and activities of its members through the press and participation in fairs and events;
- Identifying products that benefit the development of rural tourism activities;
- Ensuring and promoting the proper use of the environment through tourism.