We are calling to all our members who are interested in participating to join this new working group on Gender Equality and Diversity
Understanding the relevance to achieve Gender Equality and Diversity Inclusion in the tourism sector, ISTO is launching a working group that will incorporate these lines of work into tourism for all.
The working group will be coordinated by Iaia Pedemonte. She is a freelance journalist, member of the Associazione Italiana Turismo Responsabile AITR, member of ISTO and she is also founder of www.g-r-t.org Association.
What are the actions that the working group on Gender Equality and Diversity could take?
Thanks to ISTOs unique value, it’s number and variety of associations, there are at least three objective on which the working group could focus:
- Counting women employed/unemployed/affected by the crisis in tourism.
- Empower women employed/unemployed/affected by the crisis in communities around the world, both near and far.
- Disseminate the use of gender-sensitive policy and indicators.
The working group could start with the following actions:
- Gender data collection, mapping, research within members and communities.
- Include gender impact assessment in all policies.
- Women-led projects to counteract the impact of the crisis on female employment.
- Immediate support to women entrepreneurs following the emergency.
We invite all ISTO’s members to join the working group on Gender Equality and Diversity. If you are interested in joining or having more information, please write us to email@example.com