Launch of a holiday voucher in Italy
23 Jul 2020

Launch of a holiday voucher in Italy.

The Italian Government, through the Ministry of Heritage, Cultural Activities and Tourism (MIBACT), a member of ISTO, has set up a holiday voucher called Bonus Vacanze.

This enables Italian families with an income below a certain level to benefit from this holiday voucher - up to €500 for families composed of three or more people - and to use it in tourist accommodation in Italy (hotel, campsite, tourist village, farm and bed and breakfast).

80% of the voucher can be used, as an immediate discount, to pay for the services provided by the hotel owner and the remaining 20% can be paid as a tax deduction when filing the tax return.

For establishments that accept the voucher, the discount applied to the holder of the voucher is refunded to them in the form of a tax credit that can be used without limit of amount.

The objective of this measure, which runs from July 1 to December 31, 2020, is mainly to promote domestic tourism for Italian families, while international tourism is strongly impacted due to the crisis and the measures related to COVID-19.

Find out more.

Marine Delacroix - ISTO 23-07-2020