The Secretaría de Turismo del Estado de Nayarit is in charge of:
- Promoting, encouraging, managing, coordinating, controlling and evaluating the execution of policies, programmes and activities for the promotion and development of tourism in the State.
- Determining the mechanisms necessary for the creation, conservation, improvement, protection, promotion and use of the State's tourism resources and attractions, applying criteria of environmental, social and economic sustainability.
- Promoting tourist safety through coordinated actions with state, federal and municipal bodies and agencies.
- Stimulating the participation of the social and private sectors with national and foreign capital for the development and empowerment of the tourism infrastructure.
- Promoting the development of training and skills for work in tourism sector, in coordination with the Ministries of Labour, Productivity and Economic Development and Education.